Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Administrative Assistant (A.A.) will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with Chamber committees. He/she will be responsible for communication and correspondence with Chamber Members, local businesses, the community-at-large and all levels of management, including the Chamber Board of Directors. The A.A. should have a working knowledge of the community of Tinley Park and be able to form and maintain relationships with Chamber Members, citizens, Village Officials, etc.
Maintain Membership Database
- Approve pending new members and forward welcome email.
- Update members in ChamberMaster if necessary.
- Maintain excel for members who received a plaque and who received a renewal year plate for membership.
- Mail thank you note with new year plate.
Assist in Planning and Executing Chamber Events
Events include, but not limited to: Inaugural & Awards Banquet, Irish Parade, Brew & Vine, Golf Outing, Oktoberfest, Trim-A-Tree and Parade of Lights – All events have a Chair and Co-Chair
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director designing invitations and sponsorship packets.
- Exclusively maintain excels for sponsorship, logos and participants, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate all elements of each event for event signage, t-shirts or applicable products for event.
- Co-coordinates with committee necessary volunteers.
- Responds to public inquiries and proposals regarding Chamber events.
- Prepare closing binder for each event.
- Reports all significant event progress and information to the Executive Director.
- Monthly invoices for membership dues.
- Process credit card payments by mail and over the phone.
- Set up or update Chart of Accounts in Chambermaster.
- Process checks and cash in Chambermaster for dues and events.
- Follow up after event and collect all dues.
- Assist Executive Director with past due notices.
- Prepare deposits for Executive Director.
- Create financial reports when required.
Chamber Office Tasks
- Answer phone calls, check voicemail messages and return calls.
- Coordinates with Executive Director scheduling Ribbon Cuttings, Business After Hours and adds to ChamberMaster calendar.
- This may include being present at additional Chamber Events (i.e. Ribbon Cuttings/BAH Events) that the Executive Director needs additional assistance or is unable to attend.
- Work with the Executive Director to produce and distribute a weekly newsletter to membership via Constant Contact.
- Light office filing.
- Create and provide mailing list/mailing labels when required.
- Exclusively orchestrate Monthly Membership Meeting.
- Send reminders of Ribbon Cuttings and Business After Hours to Board of Directors, Mayor’s Office, Ambassador Committee.
- Co-coordinates with Executive Director ordering office supplies and awards for events.
- Schedule Molly Maid one a month.
- Coordinates annual Scholarship program.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Executive Director.
Knowledge of ChamberMaster preferred, advanced knowledge in all Microsoft Office Suite programs.