Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with Chamber staff and other Chamber committees. He or she will be responsible for communication and correspondence with Chamber Members, local businesses, the community-at-large and all levels of management, including the Chamber Board of Directors. The A.A. will assist the Chamber staff and Chamber committees with the continued presentation of new and existing opportunities for the benefit of the Chamber’s membership and the community as a whole.
The A.A position requires effective listening skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. The A.A. should have a working knowledge of the community of Tinley Park and be able to form and maintain relationships with Chamber Members, citizens, Village Officials, etc.
- Maintain Membership Database
- Invoice Members monthly as prompted by ChamberMaster Database
- Update and Maintain Members in ChamberMaster and Excel Spreadsheets
- Assists in Planning and executing all Chamber Events
- Events include, but not limited to: Inaugural & Awards Banquet, Irish Parade, Brew & Vine, Golf Outing, Oktoberfest, Trim-A-Tree and Parade of Lights
- Organize a committee for each event and lead meetings
- Prepare Agendas and Minutes for all Event Committee Meetings
- Schedule and coordinate all elements of each event such as marketing materials, event signage, venue, ticketing system, vendors (food, beverage, and artisan), entertainment, attendee registrations, sponsors, portable restrooms, trash removal, generators, decorations, and a variety of other collateral pieces
- Coordinates extensively with the venues contracted to hold Chamber events to arrange for: appropriate space for specific events; appropriate physical equipment and facilities; any necessary electrical, audio, or video equipment; the selection and approval of event menus; and the appropriate amount of meals/food ordered for the event
- Coordinates necessary volunteers/staffing and delegates tasks; oversees volunteers at each event
- Coordinates photography and video presentations as needed
- Reports all significant event progress and information to the Executive Director
- Responds to public inquiries and proposals regarding Chamber events
- Follows up with all vendors and sponsors after the conclusion of each event to collect any outstanding proceeds due to the Chamber (including membership dues) and properly closes the event from a bookkeeping perspective noting all improvements or adjustments for future events
- Assist the Executive Director with miscellaneous projects and events as needed
- This may include being present at additional Chamber Events (i.e. Ribbon Cuttings/BAH Events) that the Executive Director needs additional assistance or is unable to attend.
- Fill in and take minutes at committee meetings and or Board Meetings if the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Executive Director.
This is a part-time position. Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com